There are two ways to live life: either you take full responsibility for your life and take the lead, or you blame external circumstances and allow yourself to be led by someone else. It is easy to be led; you do not have to do anything and when you suffer you can conveniently blame someone else for your failures. A significant portion of the world’s population leads such lives. Over time, leaders come who offer us amusing promises only to fall short and pave way for someone else.
To lead is one thing, to lead with vision and conviction is totally another: to act and bear the full consequence of that action without breaking. And keep moving ahead without playing the blame game. That is the role of a True Leader
True Leadership is more than a process, design, remuneration, perks, promotion, power or influence. It begins with You, by understanding You, by knowing You and by Realizing You. Much before it is letting make that You an integral part of your dream, vision, and mission.
Leadership is also more than mere data and information. Leadership is far above knowledge and all about Wisdom. Wisdom, which cannot be taught, handed over, lent or even sold.
And no! Leadership isn’t a modern construct as most modern educators want us to believe. Leadership as an idea was known in Vedic India for at least 5,000 years. It was known as Netrutvam and Nayakatvam.
The world’s foremost work on Leadership available to humanity to this day was compiled and edited over 2,000 years ago by a colossal individual named Kautilya. Also known as Chanakya a.k.a. Vishnu Gupta a.k.a. Vishnu Sharma, he was the sage Rajaguru – mentor to the King – Chandragupta Maurya founder of the famed Mauryan Empire.
His Arthashastra is believed to have inspired a great many kings, ministers, diplomats and even military strategies even to this day! For example, in his book World Order: Reflections on the Character of Nations and the Course of History, former U.S. Secretary of State and Nobel Laureate Henry Alfred Kissinger refer to the Arthashastra of Kautilya as a work that lays out the requirements of power, which is “dominant reality” in politics. For Kissinger, the Arthashastra contains “a realistic vision of politics long before Prince,” which Kissinger deems “a combination of Machiavelli and Clausewitz.”
Kautilya Leadership Program is built on time tested wisdom of Kautilya and is designed to empower individuals to understand the complexities of life and the world in order to succeed.
The Foundation Course is a 6-month online course that will help you to:
- Understand the complex connection between your body and mind vis-a-vis your own true self.
- The functioning of the mind and ways to balance your mind under the most trying circumstances.
- History of Kautilya a.k.a. Chanakya a.k.a. Vishnu Gupta a.k.a. Vishnu Sharma
- Essentials of Vedic philosophy, knowledge, and wisdom
- The prevailing concept of leadership vis-a-vis Kautilya’s Artha Shastra
- The challenges of leadership and Kautilya’s wisdom to overcome them
- Comprehending individual challenges in institutional leadership
- The concept of organization and various challenges in organization building
- Timeless knowledge and wisdom on Wealth – beyond currency
- Economics and its role in our personal, familial, organizational, national as well as global wellbeing.
- Politics and its role in our personal, familial, organizational, national as well as global wellbeing.
- The subtle as well as a complex relationship between economy & politics
- Diplomacy as the ultimate knowledge and wisdom for universal well being
- Role of Mentoring & Counselling in an individual as well as institutional building.
- The relationship between Leadership & Mentoring
- The crucial role of Strategy & Planning in Leadership
- Importance of understanding peace and its key role in establishing prosperity.
Author of the course, U. Mahesh Prabhu, a seasoned media, management, and political consultant, during his career spanning over two decades, decoded and applied most of Kautilya’s teachings with significant success. His book KAUTILYA: UNDERSTANDING THE COLOSSAL GENIUS has sold thousands of copies, globally, rather effortlessly. This course is based upon his experience while working as a close adviser and consultant to many political as well as business leaders – making it more practical than theoretical.
To ensure that students get the underlying concept we offer a seamless opportunity for them to clarify their doubts through 10 (ten) hours of Skype conversation with the course author as well as unlimited email communications. Students will avail special discounts as well as exclusive offers on all products and services of Vedic Management Centre including courses, books, counseling, and other offerings.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to understand subtle roots of complex problems, learn the fundamentals of overcoming as well as performing in a high-stress work scenario, understand in simple terms complex micro and macroeconomic concepts that often bear direct implications on their personal as well as professional endeavors.
Most courses – online and offline – available today on leadership are complex time consuming and prohibitively expensive. Kautilya Leadership Program is designed to meet every need of every working professional in every aspect – including cost and convenience. The course has text, audio as well as video contents for making the learning experience engaging.
On successful completion of the course, the students will also be awarded a certificate and along with a fellowship certificate.
Supplementary Reading (Included in the Course)
- Essentials of Vedic Wisdom for Blissful Living | Author: U Mahesh Prabhu | Foreword: Dr. David Frawley | Pages 400 | Publisher: Vedic Wisdom Press | Price $15.99 / INR 400.
- Timeless Tales of a Wise Sage: Vishnu Sharma’s Panchatantra Retold | Author: U. Mahesh Prabhu | Illustrator: Shantheri Bhat | Pages 500 | Publisher: Vedic Wisdom Press | Price: $15.99 / INR 800
- Rishi Tales 1: 21 Ancient Sanskrit Tales Translated and Retold with Illustrations | Author & Illustrator: U. Mahesh Prabhu | Foreword: Dr. David Frawley | Pages 300 | Publisher: Vedic Wisdom Press | Price: $9.99 / INR 250
- Kautilya: Understanding the Colossal Genius (Volume 1) | Author: U. Mahesh Prabu | Pages 400 | Publisher: Vedic Wisdom Press | Price $.15.99 / INR 450
- Rishi Tales 2: 21 Ancient Sanskrit Tales Translated and Retold with Illustrations | Author & Illustrator: U. Mahesh Prabhu | Pages 350 | Publisher: Vedic Wisdom Press | Price: $9.99 / INR 250
Course Author Profile
Udupi Mahesh Prabhu is a media, management & political consultant. He is the Founder & Director of the Vedic Management Center and pens columns for BW Businessworld, Business Goa and Swiss Entrepreneurs Magazine. He is also a fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain & Ireland, London (UK) and Member of the International Federation of Journalists (USA). He holds a Master’s in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing. He has authored five books; sold internationally. His books are translated into Mandarin (Chinese).
|1 .Understanding Kautilya from Historical, Ideological and Textual Standpoint||7 days|
|2. Vedic knowledge and wisdom as foundation of Kautilya’s Arthashastra: The Unmistakable Connection||7 days|
|3. Fundamentals of Kautilya’s Philosophy||7 days|
|4. Understanding our True Self||7 days|
|5. Understanding the Nature, Qualities and Importance of The Mind||7 days|
|6. Dharma: What is it and Why is it important?||7 days|
|7. Kautilya’s understanding about life and living in accordance with Dharma||7 days|
|8. Kautilya’s view on Karma: The Universal Law of Cause and Effect||7 days|
|9. Himsa & Ahimsa: Kautilya’s wisdom on Violence & Non-violence||7 days|
|10. Sukham & Dukkham: Kautilya’s wisdom on Happiness and Sorrow||7 days|
|11. Arishadvargas: The Six Natural Enemies Within And Overcoming Them||7 days|
|12. Understanding the Significance of Yoga: Beyond Exercise||7 days|
|13. Kautilya’s wisdom on inherent nature of people||7 days|
|14. Ekantam: Kautilya’s wisdom on Solitude||7 days|
|15. Guru: Who is (s)he and why is (s)he important?||7 days|
|16. Rajagurus: The Gurus to the Raja (rulers)||7 days|
|17. Fundamentals of Rajaneeti & Kautilya’s Approach to Politics||7 days|
|18. Kautilya’s Artha Shastra & Artha Sutras: What they are? And why are they important?||7 days|
|19. Netrutva & Nayakatva: Kautilya’s wisdom on visionary leadership||7 days|
|20. Artha: Kautilyan Understanding of Wealth||7 days|
|21. Shanti: Kautilya’s approach to Peace and Prosperity||7 days|
|22. Fundamentals of Kootaneeti: Kautilya’s approach to Covert Politics||7 days|
|23. Sam, Dam, Dand & Bhed: Kautilya’s approach to Conflict Resolution||7 days|
|24. Kautilya’s perspective on Justice & Revenue||7 days|
|25. Shakti & Shakta: Kautilya’s View on Power and People Deserving of Power||7 days|
|26. Fundamentals of Nirdhara: Kautilya’s approach to Decision Making||7 days|
|27. Fundamentals of Tantra & Mantra: Kautilya’s teachings on Strategy & Planning||6 days|
No Reviews found for this course.